Version history

Forum for RI subscribers only
Provideo

Version history

Postby Provideo » Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:02 am

Hi

With the update of RI transferring to an online facility and being aware that the Version of RI is moving forwards, would it be possible to provide a history of the versions by documenting the amendments and functional changes to each version?

I am sure this would be a useful feature for all members.

mick

Re: Version history

Postby mick » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:21 am

I think this is a good idea.Long term and loyal subscribers should not need to wait until something goes tits up and they need a new data base before also discovering that there has been an upgrade which they are unaware of.RI should use this forum or direct e mail to inform all when each improved version is aval.What I would add is a well done them for the long over due switch to direct download of data base i have used and it works fine and fast and we are no longer hostage to the royal mail.!

Re this forum a great pity that it appears not to have attracted much interest. I would have liked to see more member discussion Re the planned major up grade this helps us and RI staff.?

Raceform
Site Admin

Postby Raceform » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi

That is a fair point and it's been hard to make sure users get the news of updates. However, we would say that some do not want the latest version so it doesn't affect everyone. It would be great if this place was more populated with RI users to make announcements likes that, but numbers are really low here.

The most recent 'update' was the most major change is over ten years, making it downloadable and with Newcastle (AW) becoming a new track. Hopefully, there will be very few that don't have the course change, if any now, but, with regards to the actual software, we don't envisage any massive changes until at least early next year.

We will always do our very best to make sure everyone is aware via here, emails where possible and Twitter when chances are done or needed.

mick

Postby mick » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:17 pm

Hi RI admin you mention above that its a pity more RI subscribers are not making there presence known on this forum,i agree but you have not asked why.? When you created the forum one of your first comments was that you where not going to be active on the forum.I can appreciate how busy you are but it appears to myself that helping to encourage an active forum for subscribers is in everyone's interest.

Raceform
Site Admin

Postby Raceform » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:20 am

Hi

We will always endeavor to look in when we can but the creation of this forum, at the request of a customer, was for users to swap ideas on how to best use Raceform Interactive and have general racing chat. Unfortunately, the numbers remain low here so I can understand your frustration.

If you have a general RI question about the software you can always email us directly.

Regards

Raceform

Return to “Registered Members Only Forum”