Welcome to Raceform Interactive Forum

Forum for RI subscribers only
Raceform
Site Admin

Welcome to Raceform Interactive Forum

Postby Raceform » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:41 pm

Hi to all our users.

This is our new message board, where we hope Raceform Interactive customers can come and share views.

Because we won't be on here most of the time, can you direct all technical issue questions to

risupport@racingpost.com

This is the only email address to use. If you post a question here, we may either not see it for a few days or miss it completely.

The forum will evolve in time, so look out for updates in the future.

Best Wishes

Rodney and David

mick

Re: Welcome to Raceform Interactive Forum

Postby mick » Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:02 am

Hi RI Admin by "Registered members only" do you mean current subscribers to RI.?

mick

Postby mick » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:08 am

Hi RI Admin you say you will not be active Re this forum because of time restraints but I wonder if collective answers to matters of subscriber interest might prove time well spent.? I would ask what progress and thoughts concerning your planned RI upgrade.My preference would be that you take your time and get it right but some feed back to those who answered your survey would be useful and interesting for all concerned.

Raceform
Site Admin

Postby Raceform » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:33 am

Hi

A lot of the early part of the year has been taken up with making RI downloadable plus testing, along with our normal daily duties. We believe we are on top of most things now so, in the coming months, I suspect we'll take a closer look at those ideas submitted to us. Unfortunately there is no set timescale for anything at the moment but we will definitely endeavour to create some of the best requests.

Raceform

mick

Postby mick » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:44 am

Cheers RI No worries imo take your time get it right.

mick

Postby mick » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:56 am

Hi Admin one feature I like is 10 yr trends.I find this just as useful for the low grade contests yet have noticed that when the race name or sponsor changes then this can cause past running's of what is the same event to be negated. Please have a look into this if able.Cheers.

mick

Postby mick » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:42 am

I know from speaking with other RI users that the in running and note book comments can play an important part in our selection process yet we as subscribers know nothing about those responsible. RI could say well its not really your business and this would be fair comment yet older members might recall years ago the race readers signed off for each meeting they worked.I found this useful as over time you almost got a feel for each of them.

I would like to see some insight into how the process works do the on course guys IR confer with the office staff NB what are the dead lines etc.? RI Admin I appreciate you are all busy people but a few posts on here concerning the above would prove most interesting and I feel time well spent.

Raceform
Site Admin

Postby Raceform » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:00 pm

Hi

Ten year trends will only not appear when if the race distance changes significantly, it doesn't have anything with the race name. Re-measurements that have taken place may well mean that some trends don't appear.

The people who do analysis and in-running comments pretty much haven't changed for at least 10 years and do sign off every meeting they do but there is nowhere in the software to show that. Their names always appear at the end of analysis in the Racing Post. They have all refined their race reading skills down the year and are left alone to sort out their own meeting and provide everyone with a balanced analysis.

Return to “Registered Members Only Forum”