Hi

mick

Re: Hi

Postby mick » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:25 am

cpw wrote:Great to see the board is back up and alive. What prompted this?
No idea cpw I think the old version was closed down because of spamming but prior to this it had declined to little activity anyway.My hope is that they will keep this one exclusive for current RI subscribers only or at least as before have a private members only section.As I recall around 5yrs ago there was a good period with plenty of positive interactions between members its always interesting to read other users thoughts on the product and how they get the best from it.I often have cause to moan and complain yet as things stand it still best suits the way I work and it could prove a positive sounding board for us and RI to collectively exchange ideas Re the planned upgrade.?

pawras

Postby pawras » Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:11 am

some of the usual suspects I see

mick

Postby mick » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:24 pm

Its early doors but only a handful of the old guard respond. I wonder what the subscription attrition rate is as even with the good help from RI its still bloody hard to turn a worthwhile profit and look what happens when you do pathetic restrictions from the bookmakers and PC from the exchange.A bunch of masochist's we must be.?

I felt the HBF might be helpful in this respect but any good intentions from the volunteer's appear to be diminishing already.The BHA attempts to do this on the cheap paying those involved expense's only and imo this is disgraceful as indirectly we punters fund the BHA and this should surely justify at least one full time salaried employee to represent our interests. ?

Increasingly the bookmakers advertising on odds checker offer some customers pennies at the price and this sad practice in any other industry would be exposed and the perpetrator's ridiculed and slaughtered by the media. We know they "own" the RP at arms length but you have to ponder who else do they have in their pockets.!

pawras

Postby pawras » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:25 am

I wonder what the real % is of how many actually make money at this? I think it's likely to be less than 5%.

I can't see anything ever changing or more than tokenism unless there's legislation, aussie style, forcing bookies to accept a min liability from anyone on any horse at the advertised price.

mick

Postby mick » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:42 am

pawras wrote:I wonder what the real % is of how many actually make money at this? I think it's likely to be less than 5%.

I can't see anything ever changing or more than tokenism unless there's legislation, aussie style, forcing bookies to accept a min liability from anyone on any horse at the advertised price.
I did read some industry figs which said less than 2% make any long term profit and also that there are millions of UK horse racing punters.Put the two together I am unsure what conclusions to draw but clearly the large firms will have a big turnover on any race so the fact that they will restrict some to tiny amounts at a price and feel there is nothing wrong with this underlines the sorry state of things and the contempt they show.

I wonder if any of them subscribe to RI and are reading this and would care to respond I could evidence the above type restrictions which have been applied to myself and a growing number of others and would be most interested in reading any attempted justification for this.When they do this to some they are sending a message to all.

pawras

Postby pawras » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:22 am

In my experience maximising profits/margin/market share is the only real driving force of large corporate entities.

Therefore I doubt any of the big boys subscribe to RI , big corporate entities like that only respond to two things profit/loss and government legislation.

As such ‘winners’ will be seen as a threat to profit so their existence is to curtailed at every opportunity. Some pleb getting an occasional big win on a multiple is good pr to pull in more losers, where as someone consistently grinding out a profit isn’t likely to be viewed in the same light.

pawras

Postby pawras » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:06 am

also this forum needs a RI members only section that people can't read without actually logging in

Return to “General Horse Racing Chat”