Alternative products

mick

Alternative products

Postby mick » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:33 am

I recall on the old forum RI Admin asking us about Proform I do know some who use and like, I did think that their utube postings which made a direct comparison with RI where a piddle take and given that we only wish to pay once RI is still my choice but what else is out there and what can be learned from it.

I would like to see RI improve the speed and ease of use for Query and in this respect Proform do have the edge imo.Computer Timeform appear quick to implement improvements and updates, their post race perspective comments are very good and aval fast where as sometimes we wait three days for the RI version and there appears to be a growing trend for fast turnout horses.

I have started this thread not to offer critique to RI but rather as a means of us suggesting hoped for improvements in the new version they are working on.Any thoughts on this.?
Last edited by mick on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jodami

Re: Alternative products

Postby Jodami » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:28 pm

Although happy with the product, one suggestion I have put forward is for a system builder facility totally separate from Query option to be added. I know individuals that use horseracebase which has this facility.

mick

Postby mick » Sat Feb 06, 2016 12:37 pm

Jodami wrote:Although happy with the product, one suggestion I have put forward is for a system builder facility totally separate from Query option to be added. I know individuals that use horseracebase which has this facility.
Yes I forgot to mention HRB I understand they now offer an own ratings facility.One question RI asked in the survey was would you like a bets recorder what I would like is a means to interrogate our own past bets via Query I suspect some of you guys already do so via export but I would see it as a positive if it could be integrated (easily) via Query.

mick

Postby mick » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:54 am

I recently experienced a problem with RI ,Own ratings could still be created but would not save.It has now been sorted (thank goodness) but the help received from RI Support while attempting to solve it was outstanding. It is very reassuring to know that customer care means exactly that with RI.Cheers R & D.

I once tried Computer Timeform experienced a problem loading it and found them less than helpful which was rather ironic as after a fortnights frustration they finally confessed that the fault was not with this computer numpty or his lap top but rather at there end.!

Return to “General Horse Racing Chat”